Need a healthy treat on the run? Try these gluten free, dairy free apricot oat bars for delicious, gluten free snacking! Healthy enough for breakfast, too!
Coming up with fun and tasty creations for your family to sample can be one of life’s greatest pleasures. Making food is one way that many of us speak our family’s love language. Having an easy treat that you can make in less than 30 minutes, and will be a hit with all your family is important, right?
Made with real food ingredients, being gluten free and dairy free is a plus!
I give you these apricot oat bars.
With only 5 simple ingredients, you can be the after school snack hero. Receive accolades at your next party, gathering or school bake sale. They are that good.
My family enjoys these immensely, and they are 100% Frenchman approved. The Frenchman is rather picky about his desserts, and treats, so when he says they are “Gooo-oood”, then I know it’s a winner. You can use store bought apricot jam, home canned apricot jam or home canned apricots if you would like. This will also help you control the ingredients and added sugar even more.
To make these apricot oat bars, you will need:
- 1 cup gluten free flour (like this)
- 1 cup gluten free oats (like these)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (like this)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (like this)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (like this)
- 8 ounces apricot jam (home canned or like this)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add gluten free flour, oats, baking powder and coconut sugar to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Stir to combine
- Melt the coconut oil by placing jar into a warm water bath. Measure in liquid form.
- Pour coconut oil over flour and oat mixture and mix until blended and moist. Mixture may be a bit crumbly.
- Press 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of an UNgreased 8×8 pan.
- Spoon apricot jam over the top.
- Crumble remaining oat and flour mixture over the top of the jam.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight covered container for 3-4 days on the counter or cut into squares and freeze individually for later.
These are terrific for breakfast, snack or for taking on the road! Are you ready to try these? Be sure to pin this for later, too!
Need some help getting back into the kitchen and cooking from scratch? Try this delicious collection of easy to make recipes to get you started!
The post Apricot Oat Bars (Gluten Free & Dairy Free Options) appeared first on The Homesteading Hippy.
the post first appeared on thehomesteadinghippy.com See it here